Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Make Me A Featherduster

Ok, ok, I have thought this thing through fully and I am convinced with everything in me that I want to be a Featherduster. Laugh if you must but it's true. I have given much thought to it and it's my final answer! When asked what I wanna be. . . . .i will reply, "A Featherduster"! Now, I shall explain. . . .you see a Featherduster is an instrument that you can always rely on to get the hardest dusting jobs done. It can, if made with a long handle, reach the dust in the places that nothing else can. A Featherduster has a sort of "natural magnetic attraction" quality to it that seemingly sucks the dust into itself and holds it there until you shake it out. Ahhhhh but when you take it outside and shake it, then you can see the amazing job that the Featherduster has done. It attracts, holds and at just the given time, releases the dust to the wind to do its work on something else. Yeah, I wanna be a Featherduster! 
You see my heart belongs to Christ and in saying that I tell you that my heart desires what Christ desires. You see in John 6 it says, "no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them". You see, when Christ is in us we are automatically given a sort of magnetic attraction to the Father and the things of God that are evident but hard to explain. It can, when used as a tool of Christ, draw men into and unto the things of God. I want my life, because of Christ, to draw people and attract them by modeling the love of Christ. I want to desperately hold onto them and be in relationship with them while mentoring them in the things of God. Then, at the appropriate and given time, I want to be like that mother bird who puts things in the nest that says to the babies, "it's time to fly!" Then I want to shake them to release them to fly out into the world to land where they were intended to land to once again start the process themselves. Yep, I wanna be a Featherduster, drawing, holding and then releasing. It says in Phillipians 3. . . . "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus".

Now THAT'S the magnetic and drawing and holding and sending out power that I want to have. Lord, make me a Featherduster!

No comments:

Post a Comment