Friday, February 5, 2021

“EX-SEEDING” THE NEED

 Well, this morning held yet another little visual life lesson from the Lord. They come so often now that I scarcely can write them all down. But here goes, you’re gonna love this!

While sipping my coffee and having my quiet time, I noticed that just inside the window of my bird garden area was one of my bird feeders that looked like it had something in it. It was very empty looking and upon closer examination, as the breeze spun it around, I could see that the feeder did indeed have something in it. Although it wasn’t birdseed but a little sparrow sitting quietly snuggled safe and warm inside the clear glass walls . of the feeder . He had somehow managed to get himself up over the walls, probably under the roof eaves, and inside the feeder. I noticed that he was trying every once in a while to fly up or get up so that he could get out but it was fruitless. He was either dazed because of the experience or he had plainly eaten enough seed to weigh his little bottom down and he couldn’t get off the ground. His ‘motherload’ of plenty didn’t just give him a taste but it far exceeded his need. When the light of day brightened the sky this morning I’ll just bet that this little fellow who was looking for his breakfast meal never expected to find himself in this predicament. (Not to worry, my husband lifted the roof and he was freed) Today, this 
Little sparrow was met with an abundance that far exceeded his need. Isn’t that a bit like our lives sometimes? We wrestle with where the next dollar will come from to pay the bills yet our “handbook of truth for living” tells us “he (God) shall supply all our needs”. We wrestle and finagle things trying to ‘make it happen’ ourselves. The fact is that if we would just trust Him for it all then we would surely see His hand move on our behalf. Now, I’m not talking about sitting back on our laurels snd doing nothing and waiting for FED-EX to drop a box of money onto our front stoop. Nope!
I’m talking about continuing to move forward in our day knowing that it will all be supplied. There is no
need for striving or straining nor ulceratibg our guts to make sure that we have everything to meet those needs. We can go too far sometimes, like this little sparrow, and find ourselves in a pickle because we step over the line in pursuit of the need and land straight into the sometimes 
Messy ‘greed’ part. We get greedy to do what isn’t ours to do. We work late hours to make up the difference and in the process precious moments with our families are missed. We take out loans to pay off overdue balances and pay dearly for years robbing us of vacations and fun outings. We push ourselves over the tops of the walls of safety and provision and find ourselves stuck inside the clutches of the greed as we try to do it all our way! 
When will we ever learn? Freedom and provision walk hand in hand with trust and believing. 
As my husband lifted the roof and the little sparrow flew away I thanked my Father for once again showing me just how much he cares for me. 
I Peter 5:7
“Cast all your (anxiety) cares on Him for he cares for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment