Friday, December 15, 2017

Reflections

I  sun came streaming through the window causing my Christmas trees reflection to be cast on the wall. I noticed how detailed and exact the reflection was of the ornaments. It quickly brought to mind a famous painting that I had seen of the young little boy Jesus at the feet of Joseph in his workshop. Clearly he was handling the type of nails that would someday pierce his hands and feet but the other thing that catches your attention is the child's reflection. His reflection was the cross, the very epitome of the love that he was to show. It caused me to think about what my reflection might look like. Your life will always reflect the true you. Was my shadow dark, misshapen and ugly because I had just had an intense argument with my husband? Was my shadow bent and slumped over because I was experiencing shame, worthlessness or low self esteem? Maybe my reflection was blurred because I was apprehensive or indecisive. Whatever the case I needed to constantly be examining my heart, my true self to make sure that my thoughts, intents and actions line up with the will of my Father.  My prayer today will be "Lord let my shadow look like you when the light is shown upon me". I always love how God reveals these things that keep us always examining our lives and helping our focus to ever be on looking like Him. 

Insight Insert : Take time this week to examine the motives and intents of your heart. Ask the Lord what is dark, bent or blurry in you and what He would like you to do to change that reflection. Make your prayer always to be changed into the image of Christ. Ask him to cast the shadow of the cross behind you, always. 

Scripture:
Ephesians 4:22-24

To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment