Saturday, September 23, 2017

The Presence Of His Displeasure: Letter To A Lost Love

My dearest and most treasured child,
     I write this letter to you with a heaviness in my heart for my heart so longs after you. I haven't had the supreme pleasure of talking with you now for a very long time. I remember well how we would sit and talk for hours of your hopes and dreams and how you so wanted to see others become as happy as you were. You told me of your devotion to me and that you wanted to be close to my heart always. I 
loved how you spoke to me of your confidence in me and trusted me with everything in you to not just care for you but guide you in all of your hardest decisions. Oh, and how my heart leapt while I watched you into the wee hours of the morning pouring over my love letters to you. My dear child, you read them over and over, you studied them and got so excited when you would discover something in them that you hadn't seen before. I watched your tears fall on the pages as you read how much I sacrificed to show my love for you. I miss you. I miss seeing your face at my house when the family gathers together. I long to watch you as you join in the singing. You would close your eyes so you wouldn't be distracted by anything or anyone. The look of joy on your face as you sang with your eyes closed made my heart smile. I have been calling you. . . . . .I have hoped that you would not continue to ignore my voice for you know it well. I saw you at your workplace as you requested to work extra hours, even on Sunday, so that you could afford a newer car, better clothing and expensive trips to far away places with your friends and family. I heard you curse my name out loud when your co-workers angered you. Why? Why have you chosen to leave me. I have loved you with an everlasting  love and always will. Oh, I see you periodically in my house some Sunday's but you never stay long. You make an appearance and then leave when the music ends. Has someone else stolen your affections for me. Have you given yourself wholly to them? Child, my heart weeps for you to know the true love and acceptance that I alone can give you. I was your first love! I feel I have lost you. I feel there is a great chasm between you and I and it grieves me deeply. It angers me that the things of this world like money, goods, cars, drink and intimate relationships have stolen your love away from me. My child, I'm still here! I so desire that you hear the longing for my lost love in my words.  I want you to know that I will never abandon you. I will not go anywhere but I want you to know how much my Fathers heart aches because of where you've gone when I have given you all that you would ever need for pure joy and happiness. Come back! Come back to me, your first love. Come back and do again the things that turned your heart towards me. Do not stay here in the presence of my displeasure for another moment. It is not necessary. Come, because I see how weary of heart that you have become. Come back to me and find your place of rest. Turn away from this drawing towards the things that will never satisfy. Turn away so you can come and forever eat at my table and taste of the presence of my pleasure. My love will never fail you my dear one, Never! Please come back,
                                                  Your Loving 

                                           Heavenly Father

No comments:

Post a Comment